Food scientists are employed around the world by large and small food processing companies, food ingredient suppliers, food quality assurance and testing labs, federal and state governmental agencies, and academia. A degree from the WSU School of Food Science prepares you to meet the emerging challenges, needs, and opportunities of the food industry.
Want to know more about the WSU food science program? Our new 3D virtual tour will give you an inside look. Offered as: Major Graduate program Food Science is the scientific discipline supporting the food and beverage industry.
Emerging Technologies for Food Quality and Food Safety Evaluation
Food scientists address consumer demands and the nutritional needs of the world. Students work on meaningful, real-world projects. For instance, a group of food science students developed and marketed a new sports drink that is now in stores in the Northwest. Engage in product development and food judging competitions—everything from dairy product evaluation to developing new foods.
Internships available in faculty research laboratories, food companies, non-governmental entities, and regulatory agencies.
Hone professional and interpersonal skills such as the use of computers, speaking, writing, critical thinking, and teamwork. Requirements and sample courses To join the program In the first two years, students will complete most of the University's common requirements UCORE and initiate studies of the sciences basic to food science.
- From Oz to Kansas: Almost Every Black and White Conversion Technique Known to Man.
- Umami: Unlocking the Secrets of the Fifth Taste (Arts and Traditions of the Table: Perspectives on Culinary History).
- Emerging Technologies for Food Quality and Food Safety Evaluation | Bücher Doppler - Baden.
- Mandarin Grammar: Essentials of Chinese Grammar for Students, Travelers & Businesspeople (Quick Study Academic).
- Computational Functional Analysis (Mathematics and Its Applications)?
- UCD Food Refrigeration and Computerized Food Technology.
The food science program awards a bachelor of science degree upon completion. Internships The School of Food Science helps students find internships with food companies, NGO's, or governmental agencies to provide work experience in their areas of interest. Graduation requirements See the WSU Catalog for degree requirements and talk with your academic advisor about planning and scheduling your courses.
Scholarships and financial aid A variety of state, federal, and university-sponsored programs are available to help students with educational costs. For all students at WSU To get all the financial help WSU can provide, start by doing these two things: Complete the University's general scholarship application so you can be eligible for scholarship consideration.
Foodsafety - General info
More about WSU scholarships and financial aid For food science students In addition to general university scholarships and other financial aid, WSU offers scholarships specifically for students in food science. Suggested strengths, interests, and preparation If you're interested in food science: High school preparation should include chemistry, biological science, mathematics, and calculus courses.
Have an interest in science, especially in applying scientific knowledge and techniques to solve practical problems.
Buy Softcover. FAQ Policy. About this book Since its inception in , the Central European Food Congress CEFood has been a biannual meeting intended for food producers and distributors as well as researchers and educators to promote research, development, innovation and education within food science and technology in the Middle European region with a tight connection to global trends.
- The secret on Ararat!
- Commutative Harmonic Analysis IV: Harmonic Analysis in IRn.
- 1st Edition.
- Made to Be Broken (Nadia Stafford, Book 2)!
Food Supply Chains vs. Pages Pesic, Mirjana B.
- Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies!
- Emerging Technologies for Food Preservation and Safety | Frontiers Research Topic?
- Author contributions.
- 6 editions of this work!
- Early Astronomy and Cosmology: A reconstruction of the Earliest Cosmic System (History of science library).
- Gwendoline Race for the Gold!
Related Emerging technologies for food quality and food safety evaluation
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved